Monday, May 16, 2011

Now, Back To Knitting

What's on your needles? What have you finished lately?

Yarn Cravin', my local yarn shop (LYS), has a sock club. This month we decided to start a shawl KAL for something different, and we chose Multnomah (Ravelry link) to knit. I'm using Destination Yarn in the National Cherry Blossom Festival colorway to knit mine. Below is a photo of my progress just starting out.

Multnomah

Jeanne, the dyer, did a trunk show at YC not too long ago, but I was a fan of her yarn long before that! She also dyed yarn for our sock club. (Right now her Etsy shop is empty because she's taking care of a newborn, but she'll be back soon!)

Anyway, I chose this colorway because on June 9, Bill and I leave with 50+ seventh graders again for Washington, D.C.! I thought yarn that celebrates the cherry blossoms of our nation's capitol would be good bus knitting. However, I might be finished with Multnomah before then. So what's a girl to do?

Join another KAL, that's what!

Wendy, of Wendy Knits fame, has started the Summer Mystery Shawlette KAL. Clues are given in installments with knitting time in between each one. Join in with me? I'm going to use Dream In Color in the Beach Fog colorway. Photos as soon as I wind the yarn!

I just mailed this baby sweater off today to a knitting friend who will be delivering a baby girl this summer. It is knit from Dream In Color Classy - a worsted weight superwash. Pardon the unfinished sweater. I snapped this photo before tucking all the ends. All the knitting was done, though.

042711164730.jpg

Another knitting friend is expecting in September, so I have some secret knitting going on for her, too.

Are you hearing about the end of the world coming? While I don't believe it, I can't help but wonder because my Cleveland Indians remain in first place!! GO TRIBE! Finally, this year, I am not embarrassed to be an Indians fan. :-)

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Beth said...

I love the baby sweater! So creative and sweet. It would never occur to me to do something like this. What is the pattern? Have you finished the other baby project?

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 8:48:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Beth, Thanks for the comment. The pattern is the Tulip Baby Sweater by Dream in Color. If you google it, you can find it. It's also on Ravelry if you are a member.
~Karen

Monday, July 4, 2011 at 5:28:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Karen said...

P.S. I have not finished the other baby sweater yet... lack of concentration has led me to have to rip back a couple of times, but I am on the neck and shoulder trim. It's a v-neck vest!

Monday, July 4, 2011 at 5:29:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home