Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like...

The tree is up, dear friends. See? Mayhem helped me assemble the tree last weekend, and we got it all decorated. It's mostly ornaments the kids made over the years, and ornaments that the kids received each year as they have grown up. When they leave home, they will take their ornaments with them.

tree 2010

I have been busy wrapping presents this week while the kids are at their dad's. See?

wrapping presents

My kids, though, have been told they are getting nothing but coal for Christmas! hehehehe Other times I tell them all they are going to get is socks and underwear. ;-)

We've even been blessed with just enough snow to make the ground all white, and cold enough temperatures to keep the snow from melting. Okay, that's not quite true. It's been frigid here! Most of the country can comiserate, as below-average temps have plagued most of the fifty states. Thank goodness for my trusty wood-burning stove.

As for me? Well, the only thing I truly wanted this Christmas was for my dad to still be here for the holiday. He has fought valiantly and bravely against his cancer all fall, and I'm happy to say that I am getting my Christmas wish! This Sunday, my entire family is gathering to celebrate Christmas. Dad will have everyone with him; his kids, his grandkids, on down to each and every great-grandchild, and family from as far away as Alabama. I'm so excited for Sunday!

One last piece of good news from me... I had a job interview today. I hope to hear something by Christmas or shortly after. Send some good vibes, cross your fingers, say a prayer. Any or all of those would be greatly appreciated!

In the meantime, hug the people you love. Tell them you love them. And from me to you, have the merriest holiday ever!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keeping all digits crossed and saying prayers on the job interview results. Bloggless Jean from MI

Thursday, December 16, 2010 at 6:40:00 PM EST  
Blogger Liz said...

So glad your dad got to be around for the celebration -- and that you got to celebrate with him! And you KNOW I've got everything crossed for this job for you. I'm sending you love and joy across the miles.

Monday, December 20, 2010 at 11:47:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home